Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year

Well, we've made it through another year. Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy, safe, and productive 2005.

I spent New Year's eve with Honor at her apartment, where we chowed down on some Chinese food and played a few games of Trivial Pursuit. There was a little champagne at midnight, but nothing fancy and no ball dropping in Times Square.

I'm not into the whole new year's resolutions thing. The December 31/January 1 year border always seemed kind of artificial to me, and I feel you should resolve to do things as you find necessary rather than wait until a specific time of year. But best of luck to all of you out there who've resolved to do something different in the upcoming year.

It's now one week until the gears of law school start grinding away again. More Contracts, more CivPro, more LegRes and LegWri. Plus some newcomers: Property, ConLaw, and Ethics. I'll be playing witness for Depositions again, and might be one of the jury commissioners for the TrialAd class. Oh, and undergrad mock trial regionals will be held at ND in February, and I'll be judging. Fun stuff. Now the circle is complete. When I left, I was the attorney... now I am the Judge. Unfortunately, OSU won't be competing at ND this year.

Before I head back, I'm still planning to post a little about the cruise as promised. Until then, you can see some pictures that my sister took by clicking here.

4 comments:

D said...

You didn't answer my question: Is that a new suit?

Not that I really care, but now I just want an answer.

And oh yeah, I'm re-starting (read trying to start again) our little Blog War which you didn't even know we were having. So... You are short. And ugly. Bring it.

Alex said...

D-

Yes, it is a new suit. I got it just before heading off to law school this fall.

I was aware of your little "blog war." I was going to let you have your little fun, but if you insist on pursuing this silliness, I will be forced to crush you.

D said...

More like you-are-going-to-get-crushed, NERD!

(I'm baiting you.)

I made a picutre of 1,000 of droids with your head on them. The Blog Wars have begun. Bring it!

PS: Where will OSU be competing and how do you know this? Honor?

Alex said...

Rumor has it that OSU's mock trial team(s?) will be competing in a regional tournament to be held at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. I found this out from Honor, who heard this from Monica (yeah, yeah, hearsay within hearsay). Honor was insanely busy this past quarter and decided not to join in on all the fun.