Wednesday, January 12, 2005

1 to go

I almost have all of my books now. The shipment of ConLaw books arrived yesterday afternoon, so I picked it up last night so that I could do the reading assignment due today on Marbury v. Madison. Of course, I could always have read it online if it came to that, but it's nice to have the book. Less eye strain, you know. It's a huge book though, and had a price tag to reflect that fact. I still don't have my Property books. Apparently our Property professor didn't tell the bookstore in time what book to order, and thus, no books. A shipment has been ordered, but the last time I checked with bookstore personnel, there was no ETA for it. But rumors circulating in the law school have earmarked Friday as the most likely arrival date. Until then, we're reading Xeroxed handouts of the relevant material. Fun, fun.

I also almost have all my grades back. Only Contracts has yet to be posted, which is interesting because that was the first exam all 1Ls took. We reviewed the exam, generically at least, yesterday in Contracts II (same prof). As Brendan
pointed out on his blog the other day (at that time his section hadn't gotten their Contracts grade back either), such a review is probably of little practical value because students probably spent most of the time trying to figure out how they did rather than absorbing any analysis.

And the last entry on the "1 to go theme" is classes themselves. I've had all but one of all my classes at least once (Ethics being the exception here).

So far things are well, and getting back into the swing of things hasn't been too bad. I'll try to post a better reflection of the week's experience in a few days (when the week is over - neat how that works, eh?).

2 comments:

Roo from TwirlieGirls.com said...

In case you haven't heard, Property books are in. See, you should've come to the bookstore with me!

Anonymous said...

I do not think so.