Monday, January 24, 2005

Snow

Well, it's been fun being snowed in all weekend. Not that I can really complain, seeing as others have it much worse. A blizzard hit the northeast this weekend, dropping over three feet of snow in some parts of Massachusetts. For full details, I direct you to brendanloy.com, NDLS's resident weather nerd. :)

Rather than trudging through all the white stuff out there, I holed up in my apartment. A little legal research, a little ConLaw reading... fun stuff. But at least we knew that the snowstorm was coming - apparently other locales weren't as fortunate a few days ago, since their weathermen predicted a light dusting instead of the snow and ice they ended up with. Knowing that we would be hit Friday night and Saturday, I stocked up on groceries before the weather hit.

Not much news on the job front. I continue to get the rejection letters from various firms to which I've sent resumes, but the rate has slacked off a bit. I recently got an email from Career Services indicating that a Columbus firm is looking for 1Ls to submit resumes - which is kinda weird seeing as I did send them my resume and they wrote back that they weren't hiring 1Ls this summer. But I guess there's little harm in sending stuff their way again. Maybe last semester's grades, the fact that I've done some work with Depositions and TrialAd, and a writing sample will give me a better shot this time around. Worst case scenario is they send me another letter explaining that they're not interested. C'est la vie.

No comments: