Monday, January 10, 2005

Back to the Salt Mines

Yes, I'm now back in South Bend and I've started my second semester as a NDLS 1L. My Property class was cancelled for today, so it's been pretty light so far. Constitutional Law at 9 this morning went well. We talked about the 4th Amendment and what constitutes unreasonable search and seizure. Professor Bellia hit the gates running, and cold called someone right off the bat. Fortunately it wasn't me (though I had read the Constitution, our only reading assignment for the class). Still up is CivPro II with a new prof. But that reading assignment was rather light as well (including Rule 3 from the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure - a whole sentence). And after that Professor Tidmarsh has scheduled a review of the Torts exam we took last semester.

Tomorrow I'll be in Contracts II and LegRes/Wri II; my first taste of Property will come on Wednesday, and Ethics on Thursday. While I'm not crazy about having class at 8 or 9 each morning, at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm pretty much done by noon.

And now for the rant of the day... I tried to buy my books last night only to discover that there weren't any in stock. You'd think that the bookstore would know how many books to buy, since NDLS has a 1L class of around 180 students every year, and classes have been more or less scheduled for over a month. Some of my classmates who returned to the Bend early were able to get their books, but a lot of us will be awaiting the next shipment due in later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't blame the bookstore (I like it there). Blame the professors -- some profs submitted their list of required books past deadline.

At least that's what the bookstore guy said :P

Lala