Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday Bowl-blogging

The NDLS Bowling League officially kicked off tonight (as in, the scores actually counted).
I Can't Believe It's Not Gutter had a lot of fun, but we're going to have to kick things up a few notches to keep up with the other teams. Tonight's scoring (under aliases, to protect the bowling challenged):

Wrong Lane: 99, 105
Take a Knee: 136, 139
9-pin: 123, 114
On Fire: 121
7-pounder: 49
Pinky: 121, 96
7/One-arm bandit: 65
Secret Agent: 59
Bowling Injury: 0 (one frame, double gutter ball)

We're also working on the logo for our team t-shirt. I'll post a picture once the design is finalized, but until then I'll just say "flying manatee."

Oh, and there was a bowler in the lane next to us who did two things of note tonight:
1) threw the ball backwards - as in towards those waiting to bowl, away from the pins
2) threw the highest "lob ball" I've ever seen - I think it was airborne for half the length of the lane
All I can say is Wow.

No comments: