Monday, November 29, 2004

I know Kung Fu

Well, not exactly. But I did get a semester's worth of CivPro crammed into my brain in one sitting.

It all started with an innocuous little email in my inbox this afternoon. It was from Bar/Bri, one of several Bar Prep courses out there (for those outside the law school microcosm, it's like Kaplan or Princeton Review... on steroids), inviting me to attend a few of their 1L course review sessions. There's one for each core class, one class a day from today until Thursday. It was free, so I figured I'd check it out. Today's subject was CivPro, 6pm.

I didn't realize how intensive the review was until I got there. A couple of people were talking about how long it was -- 3 hours. At this point I'm reconsidering my choice in coming. If it's not that helpful, I don't want to waste 3 hours sitting through this thing. So I snag a seat near the end of the aisle so I can bolt if necessary. I ended up staying the whole three hours, and it was a very good and worthwhile review. There weren't too many people there (about 15 from my section, tops), but most seemed to find it helpful. Though many might cringe at the thought of watching a videotaped lecture for 3 hours, the Bar/Bri people did a pretty good job with it.

Of course, the material was presented in a somewhat different fashion than Prof. Bauer. I'll still have to go over the material several more times and come exam time I'll process it into the format Joey B. prefers. But it was a good presentation of all the topics in CivPro.

There are three more of these sessions, and I'm looking forward to them. But next time I'm bringing food.

1 comment:

D said...

Keep your head up. I'm pulling for you.