Sunday, September 19, 2004

Weekend

This weekend I took a break from the law school craziness and went home to see my wonderful girlfriend Honor. Most of you who read this know her, but she still deserves a big shout out for putting me up (or putting up with me) this weekend and for her continuing love and support.

The drive to and from was rather uneventful, and I was lucky enough to have daylight and good weather both ways. Indiana and Ohio are incredibly flat, boring states to drive in. I'm actually impressed that the five hour drive each way doesn't really seem bad at all. I used to dread the three hour drives to Pittsburgh back when I used to do the occasional ice dance test session there, and driving from Columbus to South Bend in August was a bit tedious. I'll chalk up the relative ease of the drive to Columbus this weekend to excitement of seeing Honor again; I don't know why this morning's drive went so well. Nevertheless, the drive would be better still if I had more than my CDs to keep me company.

Columbus is pretty much just the way I left it, which is to say under construction. It'll probably look very nice once I never have reason to ever visit it again.

All in all, the weekend went by much too quickly. Fortunately I'll be back in about a month (October 16-24) for the mid-semester weeklong break. For those of you in Ohio who I didn't get a chance to visit this weekend (read: everyone but Honor), I'll be sure to stop by next time.

Well, weekend break time is over. Back to the daily toil of law school.

3 comments:

Brad said...

Correction: northwest Ohio and northern Indiana are incredibly flat, boring areas to drive in. Southern Ohio (and I would assume southern Indiana as well) actually have some nice rolling hills and pretty fall scenes (I am thinking about the Oxford and West Chester areas specifically because that is about the extent of my visitation to southern Ohio...still waiting for the chance to visit Hocking Hills...).

And yes, Honor does deserve a big shout for putting up with you, not only this past weekend, but these past...what is it now, 3 or 4 years?! You need someone to beat up on you and throw you across the room now and then anyway, hehe.

I will be waiting for Oct. 16-24...

D said...

On this comment, Bradley is correct. Southern Ohio is enjoyable to drive through. We have folliage, not just corn.

I am also waiting for mid-October. Cheers to Honor, but we get him next time. "My life for Aire(sp)" anyone?

Alex said...

Point taken. Southern Ohio is a bit less flat and featureless.

And I'm game for a bit of Starcraft action next month. Cue up the Celine Dion music.