Monday, September 20, 2004

Sprinklers and Pirates

I encountered something odd on the way to class today: NO sprinklers. No streams of water to dodge. No puddles. Dry pavement for as far as the eye could see. Seeing as it's been the norm for ND to water their grass several times per day, I'm at a loss for an explanation to this phenomenon. Here are some ideas, though:

1. Water shortage in Northern Indiana
2. Vigilante freedom fighter making campus safer for students
3. "Bob" the Gardener forgot to push the 'Activate Sprinklers' button at the Grounds Maintenance Command Center

Feel free to add your own humorous suggestions in your comments.

On an entirely unrelated note: Alex's quest to become a pirate lawyer continues. I came across this website today, which will generate a "pirate name" for your name. "Alex Ho" yields "'Chocolate' Bill Barbossa, which is funny because the Pirates of the Caribbean quotes I posted a while back were uttered by Captain Barbossa. I tried a few names of friends and family, and by far the funniest goes to Derek Walden: "Can't-Remember-Where-the-Damn-Treasure's-Buried Edmund." Check out the site for yourself if you're bored.

1 comment:

D said...

My name is AWESOME. That is so me. Still, I would make a kick-ass pirate. And an even more kick-ass pirate lawyer.