Saturday, February 19, 2005

LOTR Marathon

Back in December, Brad issued a Lord of the Rings challenge. He and Niki watched all three of the LOTR movies back-to-back-to-back in one day. He then issued a challenge for others to do likewise. I'd always wanted to do something like that, but had never gotten around to it. I don't own the LOTR movies on DVD and I missed the "Trilogy Tuesday" promotion that theaters had back when The Return of the King came out. But today I got the chance to do it, thanks to Brendan who hosted the event.

Our LOTR marathon was a bit more hard core, however. Brendan held a viewing of the extended versions of each movie, thereby adding several more scenes and a bunch of extra time. For that reason, I wasn't able to meet one of the "requirements" - I don't think it's even possible to watch all of them in 11 hours. We did it in a little under 13 hours. All other conditions were met, though - we watched the whole trilogy, it was done in one sitting (taking such breaks as necessary for food and bathroom), and witnesses were present. In fact many people came and went (I think we had at least ten people at one point), but Brendan and I watched them all. Patrick and Dmytro also watched the vast majority of the saga, and were there to the bitter end.


Yes, I'm a big dork. But it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Congratulations Alex on your feat of mental and physical fortitude. Since you were not able to accomplish the feat in under 11 hours however, you are not eligible for the grand prize. However, as a consolation prize for still completing the other requirements, Derek will buy you a case of beer.