Tuesday, December 14, 2004

For the sake of Argument

As you've undoubtedly noticed, I've changed the name of the site. I'd like to thank everyone who submitted suggestions for the new name. While I've decided to go with something completely different, I did carefully consider all of your suggestions. Some of my favorites:

  • The Irish Buckeye - submitted by Brendan, the Irish Trojan
  • The Ho Knows - submitted by Jenni
  • A day in the life of A Ho - submitted by Casey

I decided to incorporate arguendo because it's a legal term, in Latin, and rhymes with my name. It means "for the sake of argument," which kind of sums up a lot of what we seem to do in law school. Let me know what you think of the new name. If someone thinks up something more clever or public outcry demands a different name, I might have to change it.

In other news... Crim review today with the Smiling Assassin himself. Good times. Tomorrow's the exam, which will be something completely different from good times.

Also, Professor Seckinger has decided to add an additional section to the spring Depositions course. Since he needs two additional witnesses, he asked some of us seasoned veterans if we'd be interested in reprising our roles. Since all of the prep work is already done, I decided to do it again. This time I'll be several steps ahead of the students taking the course. Those poor hapless deposers-in-training won't know what hit them...

3 comments:

Brad said...

Hmm, not really sure how I feel about the name... I mean you stole the idea from me of putting a latin legal term in your title, but I don't know if I like the Ho in front of it. Maybe something more clever like Arguend-Ho.

Alex said...

Actually, I was originally going to go with Arguend-Ho, but thought it might be a bit too cheesey. If people like it though, I could certainly change it to that.

D said...

I'm voting for Arguend-Ho. That or GettysburgHo.