Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Two-Minute Drill

Ok, just a quick post before getting back to work.

Congrats to Niki for winning the first Photo Captioning Contest. I had three respectable submissions. I disqualified my response, leaving two. While Derek's caption was amusing (although not quite P.C.), Niki's caption made fun of Brad, and those points tipped the scale in her favor. Since I'm a bit bogged down right now, there probably won't be a new photo until break. I'm hoping for more submissions this time around. Feel free to post more than one caption if you think of several good ones. And you anonymous lurkers should feel free to participate as well. (And I won't hold it against you if you don't know who Brad and Derek are and therefore don't know how best to make fun of them.)

This week is dragging along. Probably because it's the last week before break, I guess. Not that I don't still have a ton of things to accomplish before Friday, but I can't wait for the week to be over. I don't know whether it's the result of deadlines hanging over me like the Sword of Damocles, but I've felt a weird kind of energy the past few days. I even had a moment of clarity while writing my memo a little while ago, and felt a rush similar to what I used to experience when working on mock trial...
Still, it's not something I'll be able to sustain indefinitely, which is why it's a good thing that the mid-semester break is just around the corner.

On the social front, I've been doing my best not to be a hermit. And some of the upperclassmen from Depositions have struck up conversations with me as well. Oh, and I even stayed after class today to ask the Smiling Assassin a question.

The last presidential debate is tomorrow night. Be sure to watch. And if you feel that you need a little background on the candidates before then, check out this
site.

2 comments:

nmiller said...

First, I'd like to thank the Academy (read: Alex) for making this all possible. My writing team (read:me)for having such great imagination, and most of all, Brad (read:Brad) for being such an easy target.

Thank you all...

Brad said...

*polite clap and head nod*