Friday, March 10, 2006

Back up and running

I'm happy to report that my computer is once again working. My new hard drive arrived earlier today, and I'm working on getting it back to the way things were before the old hard drive conked out. A few observations:

  • Hard drives are ridiculously easy to install.
  • Reinstalling Windows XP was less of a pain than I expected.
  • I have Microsoft Word again, but I no longer have a copy of Word Perfect. This is going to get annoying very quickly since it seems the vast majority of law professors use Word Perfect.
  • Firefox is still cooler than Internet Explorer.
  • The new AIM (Triton, or something?) is incredibly annoying.
In non-computer-related news, it's officially spring break! Okay, so more like mid-semester break, as it is technically still winter. But it was really nice outside today, so I could at least imagine that it's spring.

I'll be driving back to Chillicothe tomorrow morning, and I'll spend the first half of the week in Ohio. Then it'll be off to Boston for the rest of the week! So blogging will probably be light for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed with the AIM Triton. I uninstalled it and then installed the last version of AIM before Triton (it's still on the aim.com website).

I'd also talk to Tim about the WordPerfect... in the meantime, do a "save as" then "open with" MS Word. Or use the computer lab, if you have to send stuff in that format. But yeah, it's a pain.

-A

Brad said...

Maybe Word Perfect is just a ND thing, because almost all of my professors use Word. And all accept documents submitted in Word. You can download a free 30-day trial of Word Perfect on Corel's website. To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with it, outside of the having tabbed documents rather than each document being its own application like Word - it makes it much faster to go between one document and another, which is very useful when cutting and pasting between them.

Let me know if you want to get together for food or something while you are in Ohio. This week in particular I have a very flexible schedule.