Saturday, June 25, 2005

Leavin', on a jet plane

Well, I'm currently sitting in Port Columbus awaiting the first leg of my journey across the pond. After a quick flight to Chicago (yes, I'm flying west to go east), I'll be on my way to London. Despite the ungodly hour, I'm pretty excited. I wasn't expecting free internet access here at the airport, but it looks like I've lucked out. If O'Hare offers the same wireless amenities I'll post a quick update during my layover.

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but there's something exciting about flying. While I'm not exactly a frequent flier, I've been on enough planes that one would expect the novelty to have worn off. But I still get a thrill out of walking through the airport, boarding the plane, and taking off.

And there's also the adventure of traveling to new and exotic locales. This will be my first trip to London, and I've been looking forward to visiting since discovering that Notre Dame has a study abroad program there. Of course I'll miss my friends and family, but I hope to keep in touch via email, postcards, and regular blog updates. If anyone has questions, suggestions, etc, feel free to email me or leave a comment. And if any of you would like a post card, email me your current address and I'll do my best to fulfill your requests.

No comments: