Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Worry not, I am still alive. Currently, I'm on mid-semester break in Ohio. As my parents are still using dial-up, my internet access hasn't been all that great. I apologize for not posting much in the recent weeks, but my LegWri brief was eating up a lot of my time. You know how the saying goes, the Law is a jealous mistress and all that.

I had hoped to post some in-depth bowling coverage, but alas the scores are still back in South Bend. But here's a general recap of last Thursday:

Most of ICBING showed up, and our first game went pretty well. I bowled a 120, far above my average. 10 pin and Take a Knee also bowled well, raking in big numbers. Performance dropped off in the second game. Nevertheless, I triumphed over Bowling Injury, winning a new bet and restoring my good name. Bowling Injury now owes me a beer, and will be driving next week (on St. Patty's day, no less). Afterwards, several of us decided to get a jump on celebrating the end of the first half of the second semester. (It's hard to believe that we're now 25% of the way through law school!) There was drinking, dancing, and general craziness at the 'Backer. Then we stumbled home to our beds and a general state of unconscoiusness. That it was a good night was more or less confirmed by the next morning's hangover.

The LegWri brief is now finished (or perhaps more appropriately, abandonned). After putting a few finishing touches on it, I handed it in Friday afternoon. Despite the delays caused by this and Pres. Shrub's visit to ND, I made the trek back to Ohio and arrived late Friday night.

Since then, I've been relaxing, catching up with Honor, and doing a little reading. Honor had her last choir concert on Saturday night. It was a very good concert. OSU Men's Glee opened, and I enjoyed all of the performances.

On Sunday night I reconnected with an old friend from high school. Matt's just finished getting his Masters in Architecture from the Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD), and is now back in Chillicothe to conduct his job search. He doesn't plan to get a job here, just live at home to cut costs while hunting for a job.

That's pretty much all that's been happening lately. I'll try to post a little more frequently now that the brief's behind me. But updates may still be a bit slow while I'm in Ohio and using dial-up.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Speaking of dialing up, you ought to dial up your friends and visit with them *hint hint*

D said...

Aren't you back at school? Where is the blog-love?