Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yes, I'm still here

Okay, I know it's been a little while. But it's getting close to the end of the semester and I'm really pretty busy. But since I just found out today that my first exam is five days later than I thought it was, I figured I could spare a few minutes to update the ol' blog.

My first semester of Legal Aid is wrapping up. And by "is wrapping up" I mean "has me incredibly busy scrambling to get ready for an upcoming hearing and keeping my other cases on track too." I had my last ever class of Fed Tax on Friday. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be going in, but maybe I should wait to comment until after the exam (though I'm not terribly worried at the moment). Civil Rights is the class that has a later exam than I thought - a week this Wednesday instead of on Friday. It'll be nice to have the extra time to work on some of the papers I have due for other classes.

I also did what I expect was my last tour of duty of babysitting the courthouse for Trial Ad. Things went smoothly enough except for all the judges deciding to push through and finish trials before breaking for lunch. Since I have to wait until everyone's done before grabbing grub myself, this was a tad bit vexing. Plus it meant that my "morning shift" ended up being the "all day shift." But all's well that ends with yummy (and free) BW3's.

I'm definitely looking forward to being done with the semester in two weeks. By that time I'll be 5/6 of a lawyer (not counting that pesky Bar thing). Anyway, that's it for now. Sorry if this post hasn't been too exciting, but there should be a new 15 on 15 in a few days. And if that's not exciting enough for you either, well, you can always make a personal blog topic request. Just don't expect me to get to it before December 16.

No comments: