Friday, October 06, 2006

Beware the sake bomber

No it's not an ethnic slur along the lines of "I totally got Pearl Harbored!"

And it's not a more successful relative of Chicken Teriyaki.

It's actually a drink - and apparently it's bad news. According to famed tennis player Roger Federer, one sake bomber during dinner can lead to violent nightmares, hallucinations, extreme disorientation, generalized paranoia, and even personal injury.

So I'd recommend skipping the sake bomber and sticking with a pan-galactic gargleblaster.

3 comments:

Ruvym said...

Do you believe that story? I just couldn't imagine a player like him going out for a night of drinking before a match. And if it was only one drink, that's gotta be some crazy shit he had.

Alex said...

It was a pretty crazy story. It didn't really sound like he went out for a night of hard drinking before his match, but maybe he's just spinning it by calling it "one drink with dinner." And since the guy he was playing was ranked 1078, maybe he thought the match would be a pushover and he could party a bit.

On the other hand, I know there's a similar dring (I'm thinking of the non-PC named "Irish car bomb") that I've heard can be bad news even if you only have one. So I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Anonymous said...

I think it sad that I had to click on the link to see what a Sake Bomb was, but I didn't have to look to see what a pan-galactic gargleblaster was. I'm such a geek.